Great real estate deals are like worms. To find the really prize ones, you should be prepared to get your hands dirty. You usually cannot see them until you do some digging, but often, once you start, several will appear. On most uncommon deals, the seller found out about them through local information and chatting up the right people not from sitting home surfing listings on the Internet. This book explains how to find uncommon deals in today’s market, which is full of them. The good news is that most of the skills that have allowed you to become successful enough to afford a home will also allow you to find the best home at the cheapest price. Your negotiation and persuasion abilities, tenacity, ability to handle rejection and to overcome it, and a willingness to dig for deals and to read and understand the motives of others are your best assets. The real estate nightmare that recently hit our country transformed sound real estate practice from prudent investment into both a casino and an automated teller machine. Borrowers purchased homes with mortgages that they simply could never afford. The good news is, great deals are now out there for the finding”.
Adam Leitman Bailey.
INDEX AND GLOSSARY
Click on the above link to see the Finding The Uncommon Deal Index.
- Click here to view a sample chapter from the book!
- Click here to view the Dedication
- Click here to view the Table of Contents
- Click here to preview Chapter 1: Get Ready to Buy: Tools and Suggestions to Maximize Buying and Borrowing Power
- Click here to preview Chapter 2: How to Get the Cheapest Loan at the Best Rate
- Click here to preview Chapter 3: Buying a Home With Little or No Money Down and Obtaining Seller Finance
- Click here to preview Chapter 4: Becoming an Expert on Finding the Dream Home
- Click here to preview Chapter 5: The Secret to Buying a Distressed Property
- Click here to preview Chapter 6: Pre-Foreclosures and Short Sales
- Click here to preview Chapter 7: Foreclosures and Bank Owned Properties
- Click here to preview Chapter 8: Conducting the Search: Finding Your Allies in the Real Estate Hunt
- Click here to preview Chapter 9: Hidden Landmines to Look Out For
- Click here to preview Chapter 10: Creative Ways to Get the Seller to Accept Your Below-Market Offer
- Click here to preview Chapter 11: Negotiating a Great Deal on a Newly Constructed Property: What You Must Know Before Signing the Contract to Purchase
- Click here to preview Chapter 12: The Closing Map: A Guide to Finding and Buying a Home
- Click here to preview Chapter 13: Using the Home Inspection to Lower the Price
- Click here to preview Chapter 14: Finding, Hiring and Utilizing An Aggressive Attorney
- Click here to preview Chapter 15: The Walk Through (The Final Inspection)
- Click here to preview Chapter 16: The Importance of Homeowner’s Insurance: Acquiring the Knowledge to Purchase and Maintain a Sufficient Policy for Your Home or Investment Property
- Click here to preview Chapter 17: The Purchase of Title Insurance
- Click here to preview Chapter 18: Closing Cost Guide: Determining the Complete Cost of Selling or Purchasing a Property
- Adam Leitman Bailey Wins NAREE ‘Best First Time Author’ Award
To supplement Finding The Uncommon Deal a comprehensive glossary of real estate terms can be accessed by clicking on the above link. This glossary is a work in progress but thus far, has had contributions from all of the attorneys at Adam Leitman Bailey, P.C. In addition, further work has been done by Amanda Goodhart and Nicole Marsh, both undergraduate students at Columbia University.