Sponsored by Gotham Brokerage Co., Inc.
To maximize your settlement amount and make the process as painless as possible, Schneider offers these eight tips.
1. Decide whether to file a claim in the first place
2. Report it promptly
3. Wait until the claims adjuster gets there—if you can
3. Gather documents to back up your claim
4. Start lining up contractors if necessary
5. Be nice to the claims inspector
6. Meet the claims adjuster yourself if possible
7. Be honest
8. Ask for help if the numbers seem low