By Mayra David
If you’re looking to buy a NYC apartment, there’s a decent chance you are also in the market for a mortgage.
We asked some experts to spot some of the most common hurdles tripping up NYC buyers these days and give us their suggestions for overcoming them.
1. Being self-employed or having an irregular income
2. An insufficient or bad credit history.
3. An appraisal that comes in too low.
4. The condo or co-op building fails to get approval.
5. Not enough post-closing funds or a too-high debt to income ratio.
6. Inexperience and incompetence (on the part of the lender).
READ MORE: http://brickunderground.com/blog/2013/05/6_hurdles_that_can_stand_in_the_way_of_your_getting_a_mortgage